Monday, January 19, 2009

Claudia Poser

















Oracle, terra cotta, 8.5' x 12', commission installed at the Westin Galleria, Edina, MN, 2008

Claudia's website


Claudia's Artist Statement:

I love to play with shape, color, and pattern, but most of all I love to play with clay. I’m motivated by those moments of fusion with the material when time and judgment drop away and there is only touch and the beguiling chocolate color of wet terra cotta. As an artist educated in science, the technical aspects of glazing and firing attract me as well – I enjoy working at the interface between art and technology.

The tension between order and emotion, the rational and the organic, intrigues me. My most recent body of work began as a series of wall pieces and has evolved into a growing progression of pods that relate to each other in groups or in larger installations. I use an abundance of repetitive, organic shapes to explore nature’s instinctive drive toward reproduction, adaptation and survival that thrives in spite of human efforts to impose order.

Contact Claudia at claudiaposer@mac.com









No comments: