Monday, January 19, 2009

Jean Leuthner



Jean's website

Jean's Artist Statement:

I’m alone on a mountain top or on a lake. I cannot be reached by cell phone and nobody knows exactly where I am in this moment. I’m traveling, or I’ve broken away from the group. There is a connection to this place that I will always remember. I am alone and I can really take it in. It is a beautiful moment of discovery.

My oil paintings come out of this moment, because I am in a place that gets into my blood, my head, and my heart. My subject matter always comes back to nostalgia for a time or place, whether a landscape or a moment in history. It stems from a deep connection to my family history. I’m currently working on a series of paintings of the north shore. This is a place I have felt a connection to beginning with family trips as a child. My hope is that the viewer will recognize and resonate with this special place.

Contact Jean at jeanleuthner@yahoo.com

No comments: