Monday, January 19, 2009

Kari Maxwell



















Kari's website

Kari's Artist Statement:

It started with play. For me, it ends with play too. As a painter, I had completed a large body of work for an exhibit in January of 2008. In an effort to both rest and also feed my need to keep creating, I started collaging. I viewed this as a temporary exercise eventually leading me to a future body of work. What began as a playful, meditative exercise is now an integral part of my daily life. I make an effort to create everyday. Currently, my work seems to be ALL over the board. One might call it random but I choose to call it related (and I may or may not find out how this is the case - ever). Exercising my freedom to create is who I am. Expressing gratitude for creative inspiration is what I do. I started out a beginner and found out I am always a beginner (at everything) and hope to keep it that way. With this mentality, joy visits me everyday. Once I choose to produce, joy is squelched and the true being of who I am in unable to create it's voice. Being able to create has taught me that soul is so much more important than agenda, and joy can be discovered through truth.

Kari is represented by galleries in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and Montana. For more information about upcoming events and other work, please contact Kari at karimaxwell@mac.com

No comments: